Monday, May 11, 2009

We need your input

It's been a little over 2 weeks since our father's passing and we continue to be deeply saddened yet very thankful he is no longer suffering. Neysa and I know the value of the trip we took with our father and we spent priceless times with him during this entire process. We greatly appreciate all the gifts, cards and donations that have been given. You have given our family strength and we love the stories you've shared. We remember our father (brother, uncle, friend, significant other, grandpa, x-husband, father-in-law and all others) and all the happy times he gave all of us. We miss him dearly.

If you would like to give the gift of life, I've added a link to update your organ donor status on the right side of this blog.

My intention for this blog is to educate people all over the world about liver transplants and I hope that it will continue to do this. I don't want people to be discouraged by our story because I know if we had it to do over again we would. We look back at our options without health insurance and I'm sure our family would chose Medical Tourism over and over again.

So now it's your turn, what would you like to know in this blog and how can I continue to help people who are in need of an organ transplant?

2 comments:

  1. Renee & Neysa,
    Out of habit I find myself checking for an update or comment on the blog that we were glued to for so long. I applaud you for providing this valuable information. I just updated my information - because I have moved since my original registration. It took ONE minute. I encourage others to take a minute to save a life! It is because Renee was willing to donate that the hope for a new life for my brother was possible. It just was not in God's final plan for him. That we understand, however hard it is on us to face our lives without our brother.

    Once I leave this Earth, I will not need my body or any part of it. It will have served it's purpose for me. If it can give other families this same hope - so be it. Please consider making this decision and take that small step of clicking on the "Gift of Life" link provided on this blog. Take the lessons learned by the heroic efforts behind the story of Mike and the love of his daughters, family and friends. Please share a selfless effort of donating life.

    All my love and admiration to Renee & Neysa for carrying this a step forward,
    Aunt Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you mend a broken heart?
    How can you stop the rain from pouring down?...
    How can you
    Stop-
    The sun from shining-
    What makes the world go 'round...?

    Tell me...


    How can you mend a broken dream?
    How can a loser ever win?
    How, can you stop...the stars from falling-
    "Love" makes the world go 'round...!

    ReplyDelete