Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doctor's Update

I'm feeling better every day because we are getting a little closer to Dr. Subash Gupta. We've met with him twice in 24 hours and he actually has a great personality and good sense of humor. He is extremely personable and I think it's fair to say dad and I feel more than comfortable being in his care. Last night (Sunday) he stopped by at 9:30pm. I'm sure he never sleeps! When he came in last night he says that dad's creatinine levels are going down. He started here at 3+ and now is at 2.4. Ideally he should be in the 1's for Dr. Gupta to be comfortable with operating. He said he can operate now that it has gone down, but he would feel better if it was in the 1 range. It looks like the infection is gone or almost gone. Dr. Gupta also told us today that my CT Scan looks good and I will make a good donor. He told us he's looking at doing the surgery on April 2nd. I will go in first to make sure my liver looks good and then dad will start surgery a few hours later. If there is any question about my liver they will do a biopsy and get results from the lab within 10 minutes. The surgery will start early around 7am. Dr. Gupta also invited us to go visit the ICU to see how patients are recovering after the same surgery and to get comfortable with his team. We will probably go there tomorrow.
Lastly, we will have to meet with the review committee this Thursday evening to make sure everything is in place. They want to make sure we're not trying to break any laws or make any money with what I'm doing. We have collected an array of paperwork before our trip to prove we are our mission is sincere. As long as dad is feeling well he will get to go to the board meeting as well as me and Neysa.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A Review? How would you be able to make $ on this deal?! This is interresting! I'm sure you're both going to be a "shoe-in!" Make sure Mike puts his pants on! Good Luck with the paper work, I'm sure it was wierd filling all that out! Love, Auntie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all snowed in here in New mexico, and Colo! Dave and Joyce tried to go home tonite, and are stuck in Walsenburg, and the wind is blowing like crazy!! Drifting here in Questa! Rosie, Polo and I went to Red River for dinner, almost didn't make it home! We thought about staying there, but decided to just come back through the blizzard going 20 mph!...Rough nite for all, Even Barb reported earlier, that HER job gave them the day off, because It was snowing so much this morning! Miss the snow?!! It's colder than all get out too... Love you guys! Aunt Rita, and Rosie, and Uncle Polo...Sweet Dreams!++

    ReplyDelete