Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On Our Way! Thank GOD!

We are in the "Presidents club" or "elite lounge" or whatever you want to call it. We made it through security and had a wheel chair for my dad. Then we had an electric cart bring us here. Dad is doing okay today. He's a little short of breath even when he talks, but has made an enormous improvement since Sunday. He is pretty much back to normal. He is very weak a little yellow and can't even button his jeans because his belly is too big. What a way to fly! I told him to get maternity pants, but I guess he didn't go for that. We have a change of clothes in the bag so he can change into sweats if he wants to.
The medicine the doctor gave us worked well enough to bring him around in 24 hours. It's amazing. He will continue to take that medication through the day and when we arrive in Dehli we will have an option to have him go to the hospital in an ambulance. We'll see if he needs it.
Anyways, signing off for now- We love you all and your prayers will continue to keep us successful on our journey.

7 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to talk to both of you this morning. Your dad did sound weak, but at least you'll be able to do nothing but rest for the next 23 hours or so. No visitors at this point! So, rest up and know that there are a lot of people behind you, and we are all praying for your safe return to us! Love you all! Aunt Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your dad Renee!! I am following your blog and will be keeping up with you on your journey. Hang in there girl, everything is going to be better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God bless you both and send his angels with you on your flight and throughout your stay in India. Love, Catherine Finkelman

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you both all day today - safe travels, and I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl. I am glad to get the blog and hope that I will continue through it. My neighbor when I lived in CO is from India, so if you have any questions, PLEASE ask. I love you and your thought are with me. I pray for you every day. ----- Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking and praying for you, your dad and your family hon! Keep those spirits high!
    --Michelle Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be safe and take care of yourselves. Im thinking of you 2 and praying for you. Talk to you soon. Love you! Jenne

    ReplyDelete