Friday, March 20, 2009

Hit the Ground Running!

Dad and I woke up and he looked the best he has this whole time. I was able to sleep for at least 5-6 hours last night and dad slept pretty well too. Today dad did Xrays and an ultrasound and I did a pregnancy test, pelvic exam and blood work. I also scheduled a CT Scan for myself tomorrow. It's so crazy, I went to the pharmacy to get the test and it cost $43 Rupies which is less than $1.00. My blood work was $610 Rupies which is about $12.20. I can't wait to see how cheap the CT Scan is.

Anyways, yesterday the doctor drained dad and found an infection in the fluid. So they've had him on antibiotics for at least 24 hours now. He is complaining about a pain in his stomach but one of the doctors said it was because of the infection. Dad is on limited fluids <1.5l>

We really feel the staff here is taking care of us well. With every nurse or doctor that comes in a few others follow. Dr. Gupta has a team of 10 doctors and I think we've met them all. Dr. Gupta stopped in today for a minute while dad was on the way to the Xray.

Well, we have to go, Neysa and I were invited by Kelly and his wife to come for dinner tonight. (Thanks Terry for hooking us up with them!) The driver just called and said he was here. Because I had so much testing today, this will be the first time out of the hospital. Neysa and I anticipated going to the market today, but that didn't work out. Bye for now...

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you guys are doing well. It sounds like the medical staff is taking good care of you guys. It is so nice to see the updates. Thinking about all 3 of you constantly - take care and sleep well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the updates too! I love hearing about the conversion! Ummmmm...how much is a Red Bull? or a candy bar? what about a bag of chips? Do they have chips?

    bloggy tip #2 use the comments section to respond back to your commenters. :)

    Had a party last night, one more tonight, Emerald call tomorrow, then I can breathe...thinking of you and Lori and I will toast you on the plane to NOLA...what would you like us to drink for you?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, so far you are a ROCKIN blogger!!! Go Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelly! I haven't priced gum yet, but I asked that question when I arrived and I figured it's about .50 They do have chips here, but I haven't bought any yet.
    As far as a drink on the plane- you pick. But for sure drink a hand grenade and go to the spanking bar for me! Did I mention daiquiris? Oh man...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Suzi, they are overly accomodating here! I can't believe it. At least in the hospital. When you go out into the city it's another story.

    ReplyDelete