Monday, March 23, 2009

Watch what you eat!




I'm starting off today letting you know that the food here in the hospital is already getting old. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, it's just that you really never know what you're going to get! I just had fried chicken for lunch and it came with french fries and a "green salad". The green salad consists of slices of cucumber, tomatoes and onion. I wonder if anyone ever eats all the onion... The fried chicken was good, but I'm not sure how my stomach will like it later.
Dad didn't sleep well last night because of something he ate. They've been limiting his diet and he has always ordered from the "continental" side of the menu. I'm not sure what made his stomach so upset. Poor thing, he was grumbling in pain all night so I called the doctor and he came in to give him an antacid and a pain reliever. The doctor took a blood sample just to make sure there was nothing else infected (he told us this morning the blood test was normal so it was something he ate). He finally fell asleep and was sleeping good until about 7:30am. He's been sleepy all day.
Yesterday dad was determined to go to the park outside to check it out. We got to the gate in the wheel chair and the guard told us "no". So we continued to walk around the hospital to figure it out. If he was feeling better he said he would have scaled the wall anyway. Today we found out we need a "permission slip" to get to the park. The doctor warned us not to go outside at night because of the mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment