Saturday, April 4, 2009

2 Days Before Surgery





Friday night I was able to get a good nights rest because I stayed in the hotel with Neysa. She found a really cute hotel called the "Swiss Palms". It's pretty clean, spacious, cable TV, DVD player, and Internet. It's also in a gated community so there's not a lot of noise and traffic back there. Dad and I plan to stay there after we are released from the hospital.

 Neysa and I went to dinner at the Thai place called Ego Thai. They have an Ego Italian and Ego Indian place as well. I also bought dad some coconut macaroons at a bakery that night because I know he loves them. The following day we went to the Lotus Temple. We had to take off our shoes before entering and then went single file into the temple. It was really amazing. I liked how the birds flew in there and their chirps would echo through the place. The temple is surrounded by water pools that make it look like it's floating.

As far as we know we are still on schedule for Tuesday. Dad is getting better and he is stable. I know everything happens for a reason and this was a blessing in disguise. He's been sleeping at night because the nurses don't have to come in every few hours. He has meds 2x per day after dinner and breakfast and that's it. Dad says he just wants to get the surgery over with.

Dr. Gupta gave us a book by Dr. Fredric D Gordon MD I wished I had a long time ago called "100 Questions & Answers About Liver Transplantation". I wished I would have had this book a long time ago, but didn't really think of looking for something like it. I breezed through it pretty quickly amazed at how much we already knew about the process. I read some parts to dad so he knows what to expect during and right after the surgery. His surgery is far more complex than mine.

My spirits are pretty good because I'm confident the procedures will go well. I just get a little saddened knowing that Miguel, mom and all my family are so far away and they are probably worried sick. So, don't worry because everything will be fine here. We have one of the best liver transplant teams working on us here. Just think-next week, this time we will be recovering quickly getting ready to come home. We are missing everyone at home and want to be back there as soon as we can.
XOXOXO to all!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mike and girls. My dad called me & asked me to check out the site for him and me too. I hope things work out for Tuesday and of course we will be thinking and praying you all.
    Your pictures are wonderful, I can only imagine what you are seeing and learning over there. Take care, talk to you again soon!
    From: Shannon,
    and Chris Christopherson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Family!
    My Mom asked me to log on and give her any updates so I was so happy to see you have posted an update for us. We will be anxiously await any more news from you all as Tuesday approaches. Our prayers and positive thought are continuing. I know you are in excellent care over there.
    On a side note, I wanted to let you know that Felice has some great news to share. She and her Varsity Cheer team competed in the NM State Cheer competition the last 2 days. They are a very young team since our school is new and they placed 4th in the 4A division. Not bad for a group of 3 freshman, 1 Junior and 16 Sophomores! She is exhausted but sends her love as well!
    My Mom is headed back to Questa today. She sends her prayers, thoughts and love. She has attempted to post once but failed. She promises to try again this week and has been keeping up with you via the blog! She says "if she can get on thwe internet, Mike, so can You!" She wants to her from you before the surgery.
    Sending love as always, Jennifer & Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee!!

    You are such an incredible daughter, sister, friend and person (and mom...LOL)!! We are all so very proud of you and admire you for being so generous and brave! I have full confidence that you are in good hands and I look forward to hearing about how quick you recover! With Love and Hugs!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, Renee & Neysa....just thinking about you guys and thought I would check in with you before I go to bed. It's less than 24 hours away now - or so we hope. I was glad to see the amazing pictures that you guys posted and am glad to hear that Mike is doing better than last week. As you said, this may have been a blessing in disguise. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you get ready for the big day. As always - love you guys....Good night! Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Suzi said, hopefully we are less than 24 hours away from the big surgery! BTW....What time will it be done? We want to send all our love and prayers to you during the event. Knowing you are 11.5 hours ahead of us, we need to do the math so all of our energies are focused on you at the time. Please let us know.
    Jennifer also pointed out that we haven't heard from Mike on the blog. I would love to hear how he is feeling about the whole situation. It looks like you have a great team of doctors working with you and we have faith they are among the best in the field. I know that our campus (Anschutz Medical Campus of the University of Colorado Denver) has many gifted people that are from India. I have great faith in them! Know you are in our prayers and in our hearts as the event approaches! I wish I could be there to give you all a hug and kiss! These are long distance ones:XOXOXOX!
    Love,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like that area is fascinating - it's good that you are getting some time to explore.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all over there.
    Love Pat and Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. just think, when you read this comment, it will be over and you both will be on the road to recovery! I will sit in quiet prayer for you tonight and eagerly await an update.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved this posting Renee. It was super nice to see photos of both you and Neys together fully loaded with smiles and high in spirits. Ty and I were up in the mountains when you posted this one and even though we took the laptop up with us we couldn't access your posts because we didn't have internet access at the hotel. It was such a relief knowing your surgery went well, I received a mystery text message informing me of your completion and papa Q's beginning. I said a lot of prayers that evening. When do you expect to be back home? I know everyone wants to see you and spend some time with you so if you can squeeze me in at some point I would love to celebrate your recovery and new marriage. Let me know, whenever you begin to feel better. I love you. Drina

    ReplyDelete