Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kidneys

Hello,

Sorry it's taken a while to post. The internet here wasn't working yesterday. Renee and I moved into a nice QUIET room on the NE wing of the hospital. She is doing really well and the doctors are wanting her to try to walk today. We have started her on a liquid diet and I think maybe some real food today too. She is practicing her breathing exercises and is coughing a little, which is good but hurts. No problems with the asthma.

I just visited my dad. Now they are being a bit more strict with the visiting hours 7-8am and 4-5 pm. I was sneaking in in between just to check on him, but now I guess I need to follow the rules. This morning the duty nurse told me that they may need to do dialysis on his kidneys. They are saying that my Dad's kidneys aren't responding very well and that they are retaining water so they may need to be drained. Last night he was talking a responsive- this morning he was really sleepy and it not very talkative. I told them to call me as soon as the doctors come and let me know what they decide and give me an update. He doesn't seem to be in any pain.

That's all I know for now. I'll write more once I know more.

Love,
Neysa

4 comments:

  1. It's great to read an update. Hope you both are feeling better by the hour! We are thinking about you all, pretty much all the time. I've been checking this blog every couple of hours!

    Mike - Matt misses Grandpa! He can't wait till you get home... We miss you too! I just can't wait either!

    Renee- you are remarkable! You are such a great example of what we should all live up to! We truly are proud to know you!

    Love to all of you,
    Jen, John, Nadine, and Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neysa, Renee and Mike,
    As we have all mentioned before, thanks for keeping us in the loop. We would be totally lost without your blog updates.
    Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Renee. Hopefully each day will be a little easier than the day before. You are in our thoughts and prayers continuously each and every day.
    How are the doctors feeling about Mike's kidneys Neysa? I know you said previously they were concerned and now are considering a move toward dialysis. Have they given you any additional information?
    Will look forward to hearing from you again soon. All our Love, Dave Joyce Danni and Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neysa,

    I sent out a couple more prayer requests tonight for your dad and sisters full recovery and the safe return for all of you back to the states. I miss you and have kept you and your family in my prayers every day. Sending you hugs and kisses from Cabo. Have a blessed day! Love Cabo Nay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleepy McSleeperson says she's oober sleepy right now, but wants you all to know that she's thinking of you as she heads in for another evening of prayer and rest. I'm happy to know Lil Tyson is feeling better and isn't experiencing any asthma issues. However, I'll be saying lots of prayers for papa Q tonight to make sure some of my VOOOOOONDERFUL angels make there way out there and settle by his side during these challenging times. Please send them both my love Neys. Give me a buzz if you feel like chatting, I'm not to sure how to Skype you? I love you. 303.521.4693 Drina

    ReplyDelete